What an honor to have received the Versatile Blogger Award! This is something very truly special – many thanks to Christopher at The Delgrosso Food Blog for his nomination and kind words.
In keeping with the spirit of the award, the rules are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated me and link back to them in my post.
- Share 7 things about myself
- Pass the award on to 15 more bloggers that I enjoy
- Contact the bloggers I have chosen to let them know that they have been selected!
So here goes!
- I didn’t acquire a passion for food until later in life. My best friend can attest that once I invited her over for lunch (granted, we were 12 years old) and I was convinced that it took eight minutes to cook a hot dog in the microwave.
- I have been living in Spain for the past three years, but only recently – within the past month or so – has the light bulb finally switched “on” for the language.
- My favorite food is braised chicken feet.
- My favorite snack is dried tofu.
- Since meeting my husband, I have traveled to two new continents, and camped in the Namibian desert.
- The last book I read was Sweet Life in Paris, by David Lebovitz – loved every word of it!
- I am a science nerd by day; food lover, wine drinker, and writer by night.
- I’ve always loved food, I’ve been told if I saw your mouth moving, I would come up and ask “what are you eating…?”
- It’s a secret, but lately, I’ve been on a potato chip binge, and I just can’t stop! My favorite chips are Hawaiian Kettle Style Potato Chips – Luau BBQ.
- I love opening up our home and sharing a nice meal with friends and family.
- My current read is Steve Jobs’ biography.
- I love plopping on the couch and watching romantic comedies – even if they’re bad.
- Vacations usually revolve around meals and food. I calculate the total number of meals and plan where to have each one. Lots of work, but well worth it!
- I live in jeans, tees, and flip flops whenever possible!
Our nominations (In no particular order):
- Pranee’s Thai Kitchen – Lovely Thai recipes and superb mouthwatering photos
- Cooking in Sens – Experiences of an American living abroad and the beautiful recipes that follow
- Vogue Vegetarian – Creative, healthy and great vegan recipes
- Allison Eats – Great recipes and lovely photos to boot!
- Chica Andaluza – Super recipes and fantastic writings from a chica living abroad in Spain
- The Plum Palate – Stunning photos and recipes based on local foods to the Pacific Northwest
- Masala Art – A great blog from a “butcher, baker, and curry- maker” spending time in Bombay and Kerala
- The Urban Baker – Creative and delicious baked goodies wonderfully presented
- The Frugal Feeding – A clever site on how to eat well on a frugal budget
- The Daily Connoisseur – A wonderful blog about living and breathing French chicness!
- Savory Simple – Deliciously fantastic recipes and photos, illustrating a journey from amateur foodie to professional chef
- La Tartine Gourmande – A beautiful blog about food styling, photography, and lots of food.
- The Lonely Project Wife – A great blog that has a little bit of everything that you’ll find interesting to read
- traveldestinationbucketlist – Incredible journeys, super photos, and the inspiration to make your own adventure “bucket list”
- The Pleasure Monger – Wonderful baked treats, insightful writings, and oh, the photos!
Thanks & Enjoy!
Sandra and I first met back in 2007, through a gathering of mutual friends for Fourth of July weekend. The following year, the same group, plus and minus a few, decided on a trip to Napa Valley – three couples; four days of wineries; and three evenings of cooking, grilling and imbibing. At the time, I was residing in the SF Bay Area, while Sandra kept her roots in LA. We soon realized, however, that with each forthcoming get together, whether it be NoCal or SoCal, the two of us seemed to always lean towards a food-centric trip: conversations meandered towards recipes and best cooking practices, preferred shopping venues were farmer and outdoor markets, and detailed home cooked meals were always required. Of course, our men didn’t mind.
This past month, we reunited our same gang for an international trip to Provence. It was an easy and obvious choice – especially with Sandra’s boyfriend being French and that I had relocated to Spain. One balmy Provence evening, after too much food and too much wine, we kicked around the idea of starting a blog to not only keep record, but to stay in touch with each other, and to share the trip’s highlights with friends and family.
So, here we begin….