What an honor to have received the Versatile Blogger Award! This is something very truly special – many thanks to Christopher at The Delgrosso Food Blog for his nomination and kind words.
In keeping with the spirit of the award, the rules are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated me and link back to them in my post.
- Share 7 things about myself
- Pass the award on to 15 more bloggers that I enjoy
- Contact the bloggers I have chosen to let them know that they have been selected!
So here goes!
- I didn’t acquire a passion for food until later in life. My best friend can attest that once I invited her over for lunch (granted, we were 12 years old) and I was convinced that it took eight minutes to cook a hot dog in the microwave.
- I have been living in Spain for the past three years, but only recently – within the past month or so – has the light bulb finally switched “on” for the language.
- My favorite food is braised chicken feet.
- My favorite snack is dried tofu.
- Since meeting my husband, I have traveled to two new continents, and camped in the Namibian desert.
- The last book I read was Sweet Life in Paris, by David Lebovitz – loved every word of it!
- I am a science nerd by day; food lover, wine drinker, and writer by night.
- I’ve always loved food, I’ve been told if I saw your mouth moving, I would come up and ask “what are you eating…?”
- It’s a secret, but lately, I’ve been on a potato chip binge, and I just can’t stop! My favorite chips are Hawaiian Kettle Style Potato Chips – Luau BBQ.
- I love opening up our home and sharing a nice meal with friends and family.
- My current read is Steve Jobs’ biography.
- I love plopping on the couch and watching romantic comedies – even if they’re bad.
- Vacations usually revolve around meals and food. I calculate the total number of meals and plan where to have each one. Lots of work, but well worth it!
- I live in jeans, tees, and flip flops whenever possible!
Our nominations (In no particular order):
- Pranee’s Thai Kitchen – Lovely Thai recipes and superb mouthwatering photos
- Cooking in Sens – Experiences of an American living abroad and the beautiful recipes that follow
- Vogue Vegetarian – Creative, healthy and great vegan recipes
- Allison Eats – Great recipes and lovely photos to boot!
- Chica Andaluza – Super recipes and fantastic writings from a chica living abroad in Spain
- The Plum Palate – Stunning photos and recipes based on local foods to the Pacific Northwest
- Masala Art – A great blog from a “butcher, baker, and curry- maker” spending time in Bombay and Kerala
- The Urban Baker – Creative and delicious baked goodies wonderfully presented
- The Frugal Feeding – A clever site on how to eat well on a frugal budget
- The Daily Connoisseur – A wonderful blog about living and breathing French chicness!
- Savory Simple – Deliciously fantastic recipes and photos, illustrating a journey from amateur foodie to professional chef
- La Tartine Gourmande – A beautiful blog about food styling, photography, and lots of food.
- The Lonely Project Wife – A great blog that has a little bit of everything that you’ll find interesting to read
- traveldestinationbucketlist – Incredible journeys, super photos, and the inspiration to make your own adventure “bucket list”
- The Pleasure Monger – Wonderful baked treats, insightful writings, and oh, the photos!
Thanks & Enjoy!